Posted by Middlesex County Democratic Organization on March 11, 2019
EDISON – At its annual Democratic convention this evening, the Middlesex County Democratic Organization endorsed candidates for Sheriff, Board of Chosen Freeholders and legislative races.
“Middlesex County is incredibly fortunate to have such a diverse and talented group of individuals to represent Middlesex County both on the June primary ballot and in November,” said MCDO Chairman Kevin McCabe. “These candidates embody the very best of what Middlesex County has to offer, as they work to protect middle-class families in our county and across the state. I am proud of the strong candidates our organization has endorsed, and look forward to a strong showing this June and November.”
The Middlesex County Democratic Organization endorsed Mildred Scott for Middlesex County Sheriff and Freeholders Kenneth Armwood and Charles Kenny for re-election. The county committee also endorsed Clary Azcona-Barber of New Brunswick to succeed Freeholder Blanquita Valenti on the Board of Chosen Freeholders.
“Freeholder Valenti has blazed a path for women in politics. She has spent her career helping those in need, with an especially strong focus on social services and education,” said Chairman McCabe. “I wholeheartedly believe that Clary Azcona-Barber will be a worthy successor to the strong legacy that Freeholder Valenti leaves behind. Sheriff Scott and Freeholders Armwood and Kenny have proven that their record of implementing sound fiscal policies has made a marked and tangible difference in the lives of our residents. I am proud that these candidates will anchor our ticket in June and in November.”
The candidates who received the Middlesex Democratic endorsement to run in the June 2019 Primary are:
- 12th Legislative District: Candidates David Lande Millstone Twp and Malini Guha of Matawan.
- 14th Legislative District: Assemblymen Dan Benson (D-Hamilton) and Wayne DeAngelo (D-Hamilton);
- 16th Legislative District: Assemblymen Andrew Zwicker (D-South Brunswick) and Roy Freiman (D-Hillsborough)
- 17th Legislative District: Assemblymen Joseph Egan (D-New Brunswick) and Joseph Danielsen (D-Franklin Township);
- 18th Legislative District: Assemblywoman Nancy Pinkin (D-East Brunswick) and Assemblyman Robert Karabinchak (D-Edison);
- 19th Legislative District: Speaker Craig Coughlin (D-Woodbridge) and Assemblywoman Yvonne Lopez (D-Perth Amboy);
- 22nd Legislative District: Assemblyman James Kennedy (D-Rahway) and Assemblywoman Linda Carter (D-Plainfield).
“Our Middlesex County Assembly delegation is united, strong, and committed to a fiscally sound vision to improve the lives of working middle-class families all across New Jersey,” said Chairman McCabe. “Under the leadership of our own Speaker Coughlin, our members have led the way in ensuring that the very real struggles of New Jerseyans are addressed with compassion and determination. I look forward to working hard to elect other Democrats to join our legislative ranks this June and November.”